• Event Terms & Conditions
Everyone attending the event is subject to the Event Terms & Conditons at the point of ticket purchase or when completing your Weekender group account.
• Chalet Ticket info (eTicket)
Chalet Tickets are £190 GBP per person. They are sold in groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and include onsite private chalet accommodation. Tickets include 3 days and nights at the Weekender and access to all music venues & activities. Thursday check in is also available at an extra £30 GBP per person - see the Thursday check in FAQ below. We run an eTicket system so all ticketing and group organisation is fully electronic and all correspondence is made via email. No printed tickets or forms will be posted out. We provide a unique QR code for each individual ticket holder which will be sent out in the week prior to the event. You need to be 18 years or over to attend. All ticket holders must present valid photo ID that matches the corresponding name registered in their Weekender Account upon arrival. To avoid issues with mobile phone coverage please makes sure your QR code is already downloaded and saved to your phone or device. Alternatively you can bring a print out of your eTicket QR code.
PLEASE NOTE: All ticket holders must check in at reception to collect their event wristband. THE GROUP LEADER MUST CHECK IN FIRST. For a smooth check-in please try to arrive together as a group.
• Hotel Ticket info (eTicket)
- Hotel tickets provided off-site accommodation with a 24 hour reception.
- Hotel tickets are available for 3 or 4 nights at 2 different hotels with rooms for 1-4 people.
- Rooms for 2 people are available as twins (2 single beds) or doubles (one double bed).
- Rooms for 3 people and above may contain a mix of single and double beds.
- 3 nights at the Prince of Wales costs £210 per person - Friday 3pm check in / Monday 10am check out.
- 4 nights at the Scarisbrick costs £235 per person - Thursday 3pm check in / Monday 10am check out.
- There are no extra booking fees using eBANG Direct bank transfer payment method.
- Booking fees via PayPal are £7.50 (3 night ticket) and £10 (4 night ticket) per person.
- You will need to check in to the hotel before the Weekender
- Hotel tickets include full access to the Weekender at scheduled times:
Thursday: 1pm - 4am / Friday: 1pm - 7am / Saturday: 1pm - 7am / Sunday: 1pm - 4am
- All hotel rooms are reserved for Bang Face.
- Hotel tickets do not include food but Southport has lots restaurants, cafes and supermarkets.
- Hotel tickets include a FREE private bus service for ticket-holders only to and from the Weekender.
- You can only use the bus service by showing your event wristband so you must check in first.
- The hotels are 3 mins walk apart and approx 10-15 mins from the Weekender via the bus.
- The Bang Face bus has 48 seats and is run by an independent family business so please treat the bus and staff with respect as they are here to support the event.
- The bus will start running from 1pm each day from the Prince of Wales hotel car park.
- It will make hourly trips to the holiday park at the start of each hour until 1am on Thursday and Sunday and 2am on Friday and Saturday.
- The bus will then make the return trip from the holiday park on the half hour until 2.30am on Thursday and Sunday and 6.30am on Friday and Saturday.
- If you do not wish to use the Bang Face bus service there are plenty of taxis running from Southport.
- Hotel tickets replace the day tickets option. There will be no day tickets at BFW2022.
You will be sent login details to your Weekender account in your order confirmation email. Please register your details in the account as they will need to match photo ID when checking in. Valid forms of ID: Passport, Driving Licence, PASS card or a government recognised form of photo ID.
You will need to check in at both the hotel and event so please leave plenty of time. Like any hotel stay, you will need to provide ID at check in and will be liable for any damages caused at the hotel so please behave responsibly. Once checked in to the hotel, if you find anything damaged or missing from your room then please report it to the hotel reception immediately.
• Day Tickets
Hotel tickets replace the day tickets option. There will be no day tickets at BFW2022.
• eTicket Ref
All ticket holders will be sent a unique eTicket Ref as a QR code via email in the week prior to the event. This is your unique access code needed to check in to the event. You must present this upon arrival with photo ID that matches the corresponding name registered in your Weekender Account.
• Weekender Account
All chalet orders will be emailed unique login details to a Weekender Account where all ticket holders are required to provide their personal details: full name, address, phone and email plus agree to the Individual Terms & Conditons. Completing the Weekender Account completes the booking. Please ensure all details are correct because all individual names will be linked to the unqiue individual QR codes and sent to the email addresses provided. Weekender Accounts are locked the day before the event so you have until then to make any amendments.
• Group Leader
All bookings are required to nominate a Group Leader within their online Weekender Account. This is so we have one person as the main point of contact. It's their responsibility to make sure the Weekender Account info is complete and any balances are paid on time. The Group Leader is required to check-in first to register the group so please ensure your nominated Group Leader can do this. The Group Leader can be changed but gets locked 5 days before the event so please make sure you have everyone organised. If some of your group are arriving on Thursday please make sure you assign one as the Group Leader. It is the responsibilty of the registered Group Leader to collect the accommodation keys and pay the refundable damage deposit of £40 per person corresponding to the accommodation size.
PLEASE NOTE: All ticket holders must check in at reception to collect their event wristband. THE GROUP LEADER MUST CHECK IN FIRST. For a smooth check in please try to arrive together as a group.
• Chalet Info
All chalets are self-catering and include a lounge with TV, kitchen with cooker and cooking/dining utensils, a bathroom with either a shower or bath plus a sink and toilet. The size of the chalet will depend on the berth size as will the number of beds / bedrooms. Most of the chalets include a double sofa bed in the lounge which counts as 2 of the total beds. The rest of the beds will be singles. Chalets require electricity top ups which you can do using your keyring QR code at the machines within the venue or online. The chalets are allocated on a first come, first served basis so the earlier you book the more central a location you are likely to be given. The park only provide duvets and pillows but no linen (bed sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers). Linen is charged for by the holiday park so we recommend bringing your own if possible. The holiday park charges £7.50 for a single linen pack and £10 for a double linen pack. The park also don't provide towels so please bring your own if possible although you can buy towels from the park.
• Payment Methods
We have two ways to buy tickets: Bank Transfer or via PayPal. PayPal payment options include debit or credit cards, linking to your bank account or applying for PayPal Credit. All payments are 100% secure. There are no booking fees charged on bank transfer orders. PayPal orders carry a £7.50 booking fee on standard £190 tickets and £2.50 on £30 Thursday entry tickets. This covers the eTicket handling process and fees.
• Bank Transfer Payments
Bank Transfer payments require you to have internet banking set up with your bank. Once your order has been placed you will be sent an activation email containing our bank transfer details, your unique payment reference and instructions on how to complete your payment. There are no booking fees on bank transfer orders. However, you must cover all associated bank charges or currency conversion fees.
We can accept payments in Euros. To do this, place a standard bank transfer order in GBP and then follow the EUR payment instructions from the activation email you receive. You will need to contact us before sending any payments to confirm the current exchange rates.
• PayPal (Card Payments)
PayPal payment options include debit or credit cards, linking to your bank account or applying for PayPal Credit. PayPal accepts all major credit and debit cards. Once your has been placed you will be redirected to the PayPal website to complete payment. If you have a PayPal account already set up then you just need to login to complete the payment. If you do not have a PayPal account then you can still pay as PayPal guest by following the link under the login box. PayPal orders will have a £7.50 booking fee on standard £190 tickets and £2.50 on £30 Thursday entry tickets. This covers banking the eTicket handling process.
• Deposit Payments
A deposit payment constitutes 25% of your order total. You then have to pay the remaining balance within the agreed timeframe - this is outlined in the payment info at the point of purchase. Deposit orders placed on ticket launch day will have 60 days to pay the balance. You are also able to see how many days left you have to pay the balance within your Weekender Account. You will be sent a confirmation email containing login details for your online Weekender Account. To pay the remaining balance, log in to your Weekender Account and follow the payment link. The balance must be made in one payment. Anyone can make this payment on your behalf but please make sure someone in your group is organised in gathering everyone's money together. The remaining time to pay your balance is displayed within your Weekender Account. You will be sent email reminders at 10, 5 and 1 day left to pay. Failure to settle the financial balance within the time limit may result in the forfeiting of your deposit amount and the cancellation of your order. Please CONTACT US if you have any issues regarding payment.
• Account Upgrades (changing your group size)
Increasing the size of a chalet group may be available by using the links from within your online Weekender Account. You can even split into two chalets! Accounts cannot be downgraded in size. If you wish to add Thursday entry following an upgrade this can also be done from within your Weekender Account. Hotel room bookings are fixed and cannot be increased or downgraded.
• Booking cancellations / non-payment
Please make sure your group is arranged before booking because we cannot make refunds for cancellations or failure to complete your booking payment. This applies to all ticket types. If you are having problems with your payment schedule please CONTACT US
• Event Check-in Process
- Group Leaders must check in first to collect the accommodation keys (chalets) / keycards (hotels) and pay the refundable damage deposit of £40 cash per person for the accommodation.
- The damage deposit is determined by the size of your accommodation, so 4 people requires 4 x £40.
- All chalet ticket holders are required to visit the holiday park reception to check in.
- All hotel ticket holders are required to visit the hotel reception to check in.
- For a smooth check in please try to arrive together as a group.
- All ticket holders must provide photo ID that matches the name registered in their Weekender Account.
- Event wristbands will only be issued to individuals following ID approval.
- Valid forms of ID: Passport, Driving Licence, PASS card or a government recognised form of photo ID.
- Event wristbands will be given to each individual ticket holder.
- Replacement wristbands will be charged at full price.
- Ticket holders will receive the event schedule with their wristband.
- If you have any empty spaces in your chalet you will not receive those wristbands.
• Thursday check-in
For chalet bookings, Thursday entry is available for an extra £30 GBP per person and allows your group to arrive a day early and check in to your chalet. If you choose the Deposit System Payment Plan this cost will be factored in. Reception will be open from 1pm to midnight and you will be checked in as normal. We will be holding a pre-party on Thursday night for the early birds :) You can also add individual or multiple Thursday entry tickets from within your Weekender Account if you choose not to get them straight away or if you upgrade your chalet size - this is ideal for groups who can only check in part of their group on Thursday. Groups that only have some members arriving on Thursday should make sure the names are entered into the correct lines within their Weekender Account. In this case please also ensure that your Group Leader is assigned to a member arriving on Thursday. Thursday entry places are ordered sequentially from the top down in your Weekender Account so please make sure the names are in the correct places - If all of your group has Thursday entry this is not an issue. We have a Thursday enrty hotel also.
• Reception Opening Hours
THURSDAY: 1pm - 12am (midnight) *REQUIRES THURSDAY ENTRY TICKETS
FRIDAY: 1pm - 12am (midnight)
SATURDAY: 1pm - 11pm
SUNDAY: 1pm - 11pm
MONDAY: 9am - 3pm (RECEPTION DOORS CLOSE AT 3pm - EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE OUT OF THEIR CHALETS BY 2pm)
THURSDAY: 3pm - 12am (midnight) - At the Thursday hotel (Scarisbrick)
FRIDAY: 3pm - 12am (midnight) - At the Friday hotel (Prince of Wales)
SATURDAY: No check in / see Holiday Park reception times
SUNDAY: No check in / see Holiday Park reception times
MONDAY: 8am - 10am - Everyone needs to be checked out of the hotel by 10am
• Is Bang Face Weekender access friendly?
Yes, Bang Face Weekender takes place in a family holiday park so is access friendly. All the music venues are on ground level and there are accessible toilets within the venue. Half the onsite accommodation is on ground level. Access to the pool party is via stairs but assistance can be provided, please arrange this at reception. There are also a limited amount of special access chalets available. To apply for a ground floor chalet or an accessible chalet near to the main venues or for a free carer/companion ticket (subject to availability) you will need to be in receipt of the Middle to Highest Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA) or the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) equivalent - please contact us prior to purchase to see if we can arrange this. The official event offsite hotels are also accessible with lift access to most rooms. If you have special access requirements and want to stay in one of the official offsite hotels, please contact us prior to purchase.
• Conditions of entry relating to Covid-19
There are currently no government restrictions relating to indoor events in the UK.
• Welfare Checks
- There will be daily welfare checks of the site from midday onwards.
- These will be conducted by the welfare team which includes medics and security to ensure everyone is happy and safe during the event.
- This will include chalet checks so you may get a knock on the door.
- If your chalet is deemed to be damaged or excessively untidy then you will be advised on how best this can be rectified.
- If the welfare team cannot get an answer from your chalet they will inform the event organisers who will make a courtesy call as soon as possible.
- Please cooperate fully because your safety and the condition of the park is crucial to a successful event.
• Event Check-out
- The Holiday Park reception opens at 9am on Monday.
- You need to be out of your chalet by 2pm on Monday.
- We require everyone to have checked out before the holiday park reception closes at 3pm on Monday.
- The holiday park staff need to inspect your chalet before you can be checked out so expect a knock on the door.
- The Hotel receptions open at 8am on Monday.
- You need to be out of your room by 10am on Monday.
- We require everyone to have checked out before the hotel reception closes at 10am on Monday.
- The hotel staff need to inspect your room before you can be checked out so expect a knock on the door.
ACCOMMODATION CHECK OUT:
- Please make sure your accommodation is clean and tidy for the inspection.
- You will be given a coupon following your inspection which the Group Leader needs to bring to reception in order to get the damage deposits back.
- If your accommodation or the contents are damaged or if it is unreasonably untidy or dirty you will not be given a coupon and risk losing your damage deposits.
- If any damage is not covered in full by the total damage deposits then you will be required to make an additional payment.
- Check out will operate on a first come, first served basis so please be patient and aim to arrive as early as you can.
- If your group does not check out via reception you will lose all damage deposits so please check the opening times.
- If any of your group needs to check out before Monday or your Group Leader cannot do the check out please notify reception.
• Information during the weekend
We will post any important info during the weekend as notices in the reception area so its worth checking when you can.
• TRAVEL INFO:
Pontins Southport Holiday Park, Shore Road, Ainsdale-on-Sea, Southport, PR8 2PZ, UK
We recommend planning your journey using Googlemaps
The holiday park is situated on the coast outside Southport. It’s around 4 miles from Southport train station. Taxis can be taken from Southport direct to the holiday park.
If you are travelling by car, the major motorways will take you most of the way and there is now a bypass that takes you straight to Southport. Please expect delays around the major nearby cities at peak times - Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham. If you go via the M6 then taking the M6 toll road can save significant travel time. Ticket holders can park onsite at no extra cost. Please car share where possible.
If you are travelling by train there are regular services to Southport via the major connecting cities. From Southport you can get taxis direct to the holiday park.
If you are flying in, the nearest airports are Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LPL) and Manchester Airport (MAN) are most of the major airlines have regular flights. From there you can get trains to Southport and taxis direct to the holiday park. We recommend checking the airport websites for travel info and updates. If you have a long international flight it may work out better to fly to one of the London airports and then get the train from there or link up with other Weekender goers.
If you are looking for people to travel with then its worth looking on the Facebook Weekender Group page. Regular Weekender goers often look for car shares or arrange their own private coaches!
• Site info / what should we bring with us?
The holiday park only provide duvets and pillows but no linen (bed sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers). Linen is charged for by the holiday park so we recommend bringing your own if possible. The holiday park charges £7.50 for a single linen pack and £10 for a double linen pack. The park also don't provide towels so please bring your own if possible although you can buy towels from the park.
There is a 24 hour onsite supermarket that provides any other essentials you need. Food is also available from the onsite restaurant and food outlets. There are also onsite cash machines plus the supermarket can provide cash back. Please note the cash points may not accept some international bank cards. It is worth noting that the site mobile phone coverage is poor or unavailable on some networks with EE being the strongest.
The Holiday Park sets a reasonable limit on the amount of alcohol you can bring onsite. The limit is set to encourage onsite sales so please support the holiday park as much as you can. Bang Face do not take any revenue from park sales but a happy park makes for a banging party! The limit details will be included in the email sent with the individual eTickets. The onsite supermarket and bars sell at very reasonable prices. PLEASE NOTE: You cannot take alcohol in and out of the park venues unless going out to the smoking area.
Sound systems, PAs and decks are prohibited on this site and will be confiscated by security until Monday check-out. Small portable stereos / personal stereos are permitted for use in your chalet at the discretion of security so please co-operate with them.
• Car Parking
You can park onsite at the Holiday Park at no extra cost. If you arrive in good time you should be able to park close to your chalet. Please be considerate when parking and do not block any access routes / exits or your car will moved by security. Where possible, please car share. There is free car parking at the Holiday Park for all ticket holders. Parking is free at the Scarisbrick hotel but very limited. Parking at the Prince of Wales hotel is £6 per 24 hours and they have 80 spaces.
• What if I arrive before the Group Leader?
There is a holding car park at the Holiday Park where you can wait until your Group Leader arrives. If your Group Leader is significantly delayed then please go to reception during opening hours and they will try to work out a solution.
• What do I do if I've a problem over the weekend?
For general enquiries please go to the reception and a member of staff will be there to help. For any medical related issues we have an onsite paramedic service who can help you.
• We don't have enough people to fill up a chalet
We recommend posting in the official thread in the Facebook Weekender Group to find people in a similar position.
• Which accommodation are we staying in?
The Group Leader will find out your accommodation number when they check in at recpetion.
• Can our chalets be close together?
Chalets are allocated at the time of ordering so if you want to increase your chances of being close to your friends please book at the same time.
6 person chalets are now the largest available size so if you have a large group we can normally allocate your chalets next to or close to each other. The best way to do this is place a single order for multiple chalets. You will receive separate login details for each chalet. The closer the chalet sizes are to each other the easier it is for us to do. For example 4 + 4 or 4 + 3, can normally be right next to each other.
• Can I camp or bring a camper van or towed caravan?
No, the park require that chalet ticket holders stay in the accommodation provided with your order.
• What time does the music begin and finish?
The Weekender officially starts with the Opening Party on Thursday evening so we recommend you arrive in plenty of time to get settled into the holiday park. The main music venues run from the evening through the night until early morning. Other venues and activities will be open during the day, details will be in the event programme presented at check-in.
• Line-up schedule / who's playing when?
Event programme schedules will be provided for all ticket holders at event check-in. We will post any important info during the weekend as notices in the reception area so its worth checking the board when you can. These will be visible even when the recepetion is closed.
All ticket holders will be given an event wristband at check in. This provides you with access to all music venues and activities over the weekend. If you've put it on too tight or damaged it please visit reception for a new one but it is essential you provide us with the old one first. REPLACING A LOST WRIST PASS IS CHARGED AT THE FULL TICKET PRICE.
• Accommodation keys
- Accommodation keys (chalets) / keycards (hotels) will only be issued to the Group Leader following ID approval.
- Chalets will be provided with 2 keys. One extra chalet key can be issued for a £10 deposit but this is based on availability. Lost keys will be charged for by the holiday park at £10 each.
- Hotel rooms will be provided with 2 keycards per room.The holiday park provide two keys per chalet.
It's also a good idea to make a note of your accommodation number!
• Event Security, drug policy, banned / prohibited substances & items
On arrival Security will check ID and perform individual / car searches. Security will also operate the main venues like a club so searches will be performed on the main entrance. We operate a zero tolerance policy to illegal drugs and banned / prohibited substances and items - these also include nitrous oxide and weapons. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances will be refused entry or removed from the site and have their tickets voided without refund. Anyone deemed to be selling illegal substances will handed over to the police. Sound systems, PAs and decks are prohibited on this site and will be confiscated by security until Monday check out. Have fun but please don’t behave in a way that compromises the event, people’s enjoyment or the holiday park.
PLEASE NOTE - THE FAQ ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO RELFLECT CHANGES IN INFO AND POLICIES